Re: [TowerTalk] towers, zoning and permits

To: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] towers, zoning and permits
From: "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:45:06 -0500

That is correct Jim.

It also applies to "creative" electrical wiring, plumbing, house
additions, etc.... I'm learning that it also applies to trees. We have a
70' pine tree in the front yard. We had an ice storm which broke off a
few significant limbs, one of which hit the house and tore the gutter
off the roof. Didn't penetrate the roof, just cosmetics.

We were informed by our agent, as he was handing over the check, that
any more damage caused by that tree to our house, or the neighbors, and
it won't be covered. Anybody want 70' of pine tree? It's coming down as
soon as the ground firms up.

The point is, anything you do to your house or property that skirts the
local ordinances can and most likely will void your coverage if
something happens. I guess you have to decide if not having to deal with
the local zoning authority is worth the added risk.

- --
R. Kevin Stover, ACØH