Re: [TowerTalk] worlds biggest yagi

To: Its from Onion <aredandgold@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] worlds biggest yagi
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:03:49 -0400
Its from Onion wrote:
The subject of this thread is a misnomer.  The proper title would be on
the cover page  of the link below.
This is far from being the worlds largest yagi which would probably go
to one of the big, full size 75 meter Yagis we've seen listed recently.

Even the six, three element antennas spaced to give one long yagi on 20
might take the "longest" title, but not the largest.

As the title page on the link below states, World's largest StepperIR
*array*.  IOW it's an array of 6 antennas fed pretty much in phase  That
it's a huge array there is no doubt and I'd love to be able to
experiment like that, but being on a pension, I'm either going to need
to hit it big in "the market" OR win the big lottery and at my age I'd
better be doing it soon.

I am planning on building a fold over and/or crank up mast,  but I need
to come up with a good lifting mechanism design.  I have for the fold
over and rotation, but I need something STRONG to go up 70 feet that
will support a large antenna without swinging around in the wind.

73

Roger (K8RI)