[TowerTalk] Tower - Liability

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower - Liability
From: W4LDE-Ron <w4lde@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:02:45 -0400
Jim,

Appreciate your comments, however, what I have recently learned is that
those buddies are indeed buddies until a XYL doesn't have one of them
around anymore.

Some of the helpers will be complete strangers to me.  Do I know there
capabilities, answer is no, there physical well being, NO I don't know.
I probably would be better off dropping the tower / antenna and hauling
it off to the junk yard but I thought maybe the club could use it.  They
are excited about getting the 40' tower, tribander and two Ham-V's in
return for the help.  All in good shape.  Use it every day.

I know that with proper planning, experience and supervision about 99%
of the risk is avoid but the 1% unknown is what frightens me.

73 de
Ron W4LDE