Re: [TowerTalk] WTB: GAP VOYAGER and a ????

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WTB: GAP VOYAGER and a ????
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 11:56:01 -0500
I don't understand the reasoning for using double bazookas on 40 and
80.  The only thing that a bazooka provides is wider bandwidth, and that
increase is so miniscule that it doesn't seem to be worth while.  It
won't begin to cover all of 75/80 meters, and usually you don't need the
extra bandwidth on 40.   A crossed double bazooka will increase the
bandwidth, at the expense of lower gain, but that will still not be
enough to cover all of 75/80.  If you are in need of a coax fed antenna
that will cover all of 75/80 consider this one.
http://rudys.typepad.com/ant/files/antenna_broadband_dipole.pdf
Of course a dipole fed with ladderline works also but routing ladder
line and retuning is a pain for some.

Jerry, K4SAV