Re: [TowerTalk] Another aluminum question

To: Alex Malyava <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Another aluminum question
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 08:07:08 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

-----Original Message-----

At 160m (or even 80m), the bandwidth difference between 1" and 0.1" is
negligible.

You might be able to come up with some nice easily/automatically adjustable
tuning network.  The network at the base of the antenna just gets you close,
and another tuner at the rig does the fine adjust.  A VSWR of 3:1 on the coax
isn't a real killer, it's when it's 15:1 or 1000:1 that the coax loss really
bites you.

Jim, W6RMK