Re: [TowerTalk] Long cable pull

To: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long cable pull
From: John Ammeter <jammeter@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:31:17 -0700
You can probably use a "mouse" and a shop vacuum to get the first
lightweight pull string down the conduit.  Use the lightweight string to
pull a stronger pull rope.  I've never pulled 500 feet but with
virtually a straight run I doubt you'll have any trouble.  I'm not sure
if pulling grease is compatible with RG6 and you probably won't need it
anyway.

I used 1 1/2" conduit to run 4 10 gauge conductors with two sharp 90's
and one gradual 90 bend over 100 feet with no trouble.  Also, 3 12 gauge
solid conductors 125 feet through a 3/4" conduit with two 90's.  Didn't
use any pulling grease...

John KE7JGB