Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Dogs

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Dogs
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:25:12 -0400
Bill MacLane wrote:
> That is exactly what they do.  Why would anyone go to college to learn toe
> write and report the news on a 6th grade reading / comprehension level?

I graduated from college 18 years ago.  I retired 11 years ago (by
choice).  A good many of the college students would have had a problem
with 6th grade level.  That was why many universities implemented
"Writing across the curriculum" so every class, from intro to computer
science, to advanced calc, to chemistry required at least three papers
per term.

BTW I was 50 when I graduated. So I'm a slow learner. It was worth
it<:-)) Fun too.
> I know.  That is one of the first things my news writing and reporting prof.
> stated when I went. Reporters are to write and report on a 6th grade
> level......
>
> Why I never went into the newsliberal business.
>
> 73,
> Bill
> AI4WM

73