Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna selection

To: bobby1@rbogash.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna selection
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:27:35 -0400
Good story, Bob.

What if we changed the question, and added a 43 foot alum antenna
like DX-Engineering and Force-12 sell?   How would you predict it
would compare to the other two (i.e., SteppIR vert and Hustler 5BTV) ??

I figure it would be a beast to tune,  maybe not radiate as efficiently as
a tuned trap (certainly not as well as the tuned SteppIR)  - but would
give me 160 - 10 M coverage the others could not.

Dumb idea?  Or better to get a different, shorter antenna for like 40-10M
and use something else for 80/160?

THANKS for the uptake.  Sounds like the SteppIR vert might be worth
the wait.

Bob Bogash wrote:

> I have a Steppir small vertical and a Hustler 4-BTV.  I think they are
> both good antennas.

put the Steppir on the roof again where