Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX-472

To: "John Gager" <k7kb.dx@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX-472
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 18:26:30 -0500
John:

     Here's what I posted about my own Skyhawk:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2007-10/msg00164.html .

     One hint - When you assemble the Skyhawk's elements, insert all three
pop rivets at each joint before you pop the first one.  If you pop the tool
after each rivet, the predrilled holes may shift and you'll have a heck of a
time getting the last one in.

     Another hint:  Scour each joint's inner and outer surface with a clean
Scotchbrite scouring pad, apply NoAlOx or similar anti-oxide compound
SPARINGLY, then work the paste into the surfaces with a second (different)
piece of Scotchbrite.  If the paste oozes out, you used too much.  If you
re-use the same Scotchbrite pad to clean and work the paste into the
surfaces, you'll just be rubbing the cleaned surface with the stuff you
worked so hard to remove.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F