Re: [TowerTalk] rotor-to-beam shock obsorber problem/solution

To: Al Williams <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotor-to-beam shock obsorber problem/solution
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:01:02 -0400

Just a word of caution.  Depending on the size, weight, and elasticity
of the antenna plus torsional effects of the mast, it  is possible to
hit a resonant point with any specific dampening coupling. This is
particularly important with antennas that have long and more flexible
elements and the more massive systems. The odds are the automotive
coupling would have a relatively high self resonant frequency, but who
knows when coupled into a system.
> I am also considering purchasing a folding boom-to-mast plate and would
> appreciate information on who makes them and how they work on crankup
> towers--I understand that somehow they automatically move to a level
> position when the tower is tilted up.

Those I've never tired.

73 and good luck,

Roger (K8RI)