Re: [TowerTalk] wrapping a big grip on phillystran

To: W3YY <w3yy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wrapping a big grip on phillystran
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:08:53 -0500
W3YY wrote:

> Steve -
>
> You can see step-by-step pictures on my web site www.w3yy.com.  The pictures
> are contained in the Projects section under Phillystran.  The direct URL is
> http://www.w3yy.com/phillystran_assembly-1.htm  That will be the first
> picture.  Click "Next Step" to see the next picture, etc.

You missed one very important part as recommended by the company: The
cable should be under tension when the grip is installed.  I was able to
use a comealong to pull the guy tight and then wrap the end.  Of course
while figuring out how to do this I managed to slide my welding bench
half way out the shop door.

Roger (K8RI)