Re: [TowerTalk] wire antenna question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wire antenna question
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:37:41 +0000
Here's another more common-place example - a 15m 2-el cubical quad.

Minimum VSWR:  Freq = 21.03 MHz, Z = 101.1 - j16.64, VSWR = 2.09
Resonance: Freq = 21.13 MHz, zZ= 112.2+j0, VSWR = 2.25

The "anomaly" occurs because the VSWR is being  referenced to something
significantly different than the resonant impedance of the antenna; but
that's often the practical situation we find ourselves in.

73,
Steve G3TXQ