Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Arrest Harness arrest experience

To: Drax Felton <draxfelton@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Arrest Harness arrest experience
From: Robert Morris <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:30:36 -0500
Did a tower climbing class, a few years ago. They had 30 foot Rohn 45's for
practice. We had the body harness with the fall arrest attached to the ring
between your shoulder blades. Don't know what is out there now, but this
arrest was a strap, folded a few times and sewn. Depending on your weight was
how many folds came undone. Part of the class was for each student to
"experience" the fall arrest. The hard part was telling your brain to step off
the tower. It was a nice smooth descent, with time to have your hands out to
stay away from the tower. At 200 lbs, I only pulled 2/3 of the folds.
They told us the the whole rig had a shelf life of five years. (Make money for
resale or lawyers).

The harness should be adjusted so you can hang with no discomfort.

I've retired from some alphabet government agency, but have my second (3
year)set in the garage. Can check the brand if needed.

Drax Felton wrote:
> As I was working on my tower today I was thinking these questions:
>
> Has anyone ever fallen and been "arrested" by their harness?
> If so, what was the outcome?
>
> This is a serious question:
> Did the harness crush your male anatomy? Or did it grab around your thighs?
>
> Did you smack into the side of the tower?
> How painful was it?
>

> --KB3X

believed to be clean.