[TowerTalk] Rotor Querstion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Querstion
From: Dave Leisman <w8qwdave@casair.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 09:59:07 -0500

I have a HyGain Tailtwister rotor that works just fine, but the thing is
sometimes intermittent
because the contacts on the terminal strip have rusted, making a good
connection difficult.  Anyone
have any ideas I might do to clean those terminals without actually removing
the entire strip of 8
terminals? Getting inside the rotor from this angle to swap this terminal strip
for a new strip will
not be easy, and I really don't want to break the case open to make the change
from the inside.

Hence my dilemma.

I have thought about trying to clean the existing strip by sanding, but I can't
get into where the
actual contact is made.  I had someone recommend using Naval Jelly to clean the
rust away, but that
seemed kind of harsh.

I am open to thoughts and any ideas the group might have.

Thanks in advance.

Dave, W8QW