Re: [TowerTalk] 43' verticals

To: Barrie Smith <barrie@centric.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 43' verticals
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:56:37 -0500
I am very pleased with my 43 foot vertical for regional and even close
in contacts.   I am making contacts I could not before.

I agree, however,  that having a horizontal wire antenna can be helpful
for filling in the gaps and may give you something that might work
better in some cases than the vertical, and vice versa.

I will send you my take on MFJ v EXE vertical antenna components and
design previously posted herein.   I won't burden the list with a
reprise thereof, but the conclusion I have drawn is the DXE product is
competitive in price and superlative in quality.

Happy trails.