Re: [TowerTalk] utility poles with steps

To: Rudy Severns <n6lf@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] utility poles with steps
From: John Ammeter <jammeter@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 10:52:09 -0700
Those screw-in steps aren't used anymore as far as I know.  I retired
from an Electric Utility and the story I was told was that the steps can
rust through at the wood surface or just inside the wood.  After a few
linemen fell they quit using them.  Plus, lift buckets are used much
more now than before.  Apprentice Linemen still have to prove they can
use spurs but buckets are the preferred method to work on the poles if
possible.

John KE7JA