[TowerTalk] telephone poles from the electric co.

To: antenna forum <antenna-discussion@antennex.com>, tower talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] telephone poles from the electric co.
From: Eric <n4hgz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 23:23:10 -0400
Thank you for the additional input, Yes I would definitely be really
careful.  Safety is my main concern and all your suggestions would
definitely be looked at.   I do like the idea of installing the step
bolts along with a secure safety line to prevent me or anyone from
falling.  I do have a secure up to date safety belt with a safety catch
that I use when I climb my towers, It prevents you from falling and to
come down you have to release it and slide it down the rope to get
down.  Yes, It's very aggravating and makes coming down a lot slower but
I am still here to talk about it so I must be doing something right.   I
would definitely have someone install it for me, I would not want to
take the chance of it getting away from me and coming down on someone or
something.

Believe me, I would not climb the thing unless I could do it safely and
had the correct equipment.  I don't want anyone reading about someone
falling off a pole and becoming a silent key.  It will be really
interesting to watch them install the new pole and maybe then I could
meet them and ask them about setting one for me if I paid them a little
overtime.

Thank you,

Eric