Re: [TowerTalk] Good quality pulleys

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Good quality pulleys
From: K2ZR <k2zr@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:06:53 -0400
An excellent source for quality pullys ( sailors call them blocks ) is
you local boating supply store or sailor supply outlet.
Having been a sailor for many years, I've found for use in the
construction of wire antennas, you cannot beat Harken "blocks".
I've used the Harken #083 for years for my wire antennas. Price is
around $15 each. Never once has one jammed or broken
As an example, my 660' CF wire uses an 083 up at the center. Makes life
easy to let it up and down for maintenance.
Here's the link for the 083:
http://www.harkenstore.com/uniface.urd/scpdinw1.showProd?B4RPMEB9Y8U9QW
Check out all of the available Harken blocks at:   www.harken.com

Dick, K2ZR