Re: [TowerTalk] Station Noise

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Station Noise
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 22:59:44 -0400

vk3pa@vk3pa.com wrote:
> wot type of A/C? New inverter types r a real problem!!

Not being the patient type I'd expect the dealer or factory to fix it.
If not promptly addressed they'd find in on the loading doc some
morning.  I have no patience with equipment that doesn't work correctly,
even if I couldn't afford to replace it for a year of two.

Any more, I always have a talk with the dealer explaining that RFI would
be unacceptable. If they want to sell me something, appliance, furnace,
air conditioner, or TV set,  they have to be willing to take it back if
that's a problem. Even the last HD TV the dealer was willing to let me
keep trying sets until I found one I liked. Of course the model I
purchased hadn't even arrived yet except for the floor model so I had to
wait for the first ones to hit the shelves. Two years later I could
purchase the same make and size for well less than half the price and
with far more features, but I think it was a good decision.. Even the
new 50-60"ones with 30,000:1 dynamic contrast are cheaper now.  I'd say
if anything now is a good time to purchase a TV<:-)) and no, I don't
have room to mount anything larger than the one I have
now...Unlessss...I put it out in the shop (toy room/ham shack/etc...)
where I spend most of my time anyway.

73

Roger (K8RI)