Re: [TowerTalk] OT: 2m Repeater needed asap

To: scottw3tx@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT: 2m Repeater needed asap
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 21:49:17 -0500

scottw3tx@verizon.net wrote:
> My local emcomm club needs a backup repeater right away.

Over the years we've used a pair of 100-125 Watt Motorola mobiles along
with various 2-meter ham rigs.  We use the squelch to control the COR.
We've also used commercial and home made controllers of various
complexities.   One thing to remember is the ham rigs will normally have
much greater sensitivity on receive and thus more problems with
desense.  These were normally used with 6 cans.

73

Roger (K8RI)