Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 Shorty-Forty: X-Hat Modification

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 Shorty-Forty: X-Hat Modification
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 23:26:27 -0500
One added note,

In the case of the broken element I'd not use the doubler to repair the
broken element, but rather make a new element, add the double, epoxy the
doubler in place and let cure, foam the inside of the tube, let cure,
and then drill the hole using a centering guide.  The foam will actually
add measurable strength to the element in addition to the doubler.

73

Roger (K8RI)