Re: [TowerTalk] N Connectors

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N Connectors
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:12:25 -0500

W5CPT wrote:
> Dan,
> You probably bought those at TT as I sold a bunch of them when I worked for
> Gerald. I would assume he still has them.  I will disagree with the "easier
> to use" part though.  I learned to install N connectors in the military as
> that is what all the UHF & SHF stuff used, and still prefer putting an N on
> than a PL-259 any day.  BTW: the HF & VHF all had BNCs and I prefer those
> over PL-259s also.

I use a lot of crimp type N connectors and like them, but just running
the legal limit into the band edges on 160 or even 75 has cost me a
number of them.

What I need are standard connectors to fit LMR-600 and that pretty well
limits me to N and UHF.  Finding UHF connectors to fit LMR-600 has been
a chore.  Some of the suppliers no longer even have LMR-600 cable or
connectors listed. So far the only one I've found carrying them has been
the wireman and he's out of stock.

73

Roger (K8RI)