Re: [TowerTalk] tower installation HG52SS

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower installation HG52SS
From: Joe - WDØM <wd0m@wd0m.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:25:53 -0700
Welcome to the bedrock club, Mike.  Same problem I have here in
southwest Colorado.  Just inches under the soil is nothing but Dakota
sandstone.  My solution was to do much as Hank, KR7X, suggested:  drill
holes in the sandstone, cement rebar in place to form a cage, then build
an above ground tower base.  You can see the project at my web page:

http://www.wd0m.com/

Click on Ham Radio, then Tower Project.

The US Tower TX-455 has been in place since 2003, and has withstood
winds of 90 mph.  I hope this gives you some ideas on how to proceed,
and the confidence that it works.

73

Joe
WDØM