Re: [TowerTalk] N - clamp style connector

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N - clamp style connector
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:07:57 -0500

TexasRF@aol.com wrote:
> Hi Ron, the heat shrink alone is not water tight.
I slide a piece of MMM flooded (lined with hot melt glue) heat shrink
over the entire connection.   That has been the best and easiest water
proof connection I've found.  It'll fill threads, voids, and makes one
whale of a connection.  Using the crimp type connectors and the MMM heat
shrink I've never had one fail mechanically or with moisture sealing and
I use it in feed lines to the sloping, center fed, half wave dipoles
which really gets whipped around in the winds.  I much prefer it to the
fusing tape which I still use at times, up on top of the tower where a
heat gun is not the handiest tool.

73

Roger (K8RI)