Re: [TowerTalk] Hex Beam

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hex Beam
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:20:20 +0000
Barrie,

It's a compact 2-element parasitic beam and performs like one.

It has some attributes which I like:
* 5 bands with a single coax feedline
* Small turn radius
* Easy to build yourself
* Light-weight - my home made ones weigh in at 13lbs for the 5 band 20m
thru 10m version

You can see *impartial* comparative figures here:
http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/hexbeam/broadband/

K4KIO has detailed instructions on how to build one. He can also supply
complete antennas:
http://www.leoshoemaker.com/hexbeambyk4kio/broadhexbuildingnew.html

As someone already said, the Yahoo group is a good resource:

Good luck.

Steve G3TXQ