Re: [TowerTalk] TOWAIR query - proximity to airport, FCC and FAA registr

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWAIR query - proximity to airport, FCC and FAA registration
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 07:06:06 -0400
This sure suggests a computational error in the TOWAIR routine - like
when you do a model in HFTA and a 1-meter change in antenna height
produces a big change in pattern.  I think the first thing I'd do is a
manual computation based on a topo map.  Measure the distance from the
nearest border of the airport (for a conservative calculation), your
site's altitude, and apply the algorithm given in the FCC reg.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com