Re: [TowerTalk] RCS-8 as a StackMatch---How?

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RCS-8 as a StackMatch---How?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 07:47:50 -0400
I have run a Stackmatch for maybe 10 years on a 2-high stack of small
tribanders. If you have a fussy amp, you will probably have to retune,
because in my experience the two antennas vary markedly from one
another, due to different distances above ground, etc.  The compromise
impedance transformations in the Stackmatch are just that. Fortunately,
my SDB-220 just keeps on going.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com