[TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Force12 C19XR

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Force12 C19XR
From: Neil & Heather <neil.goodell@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:39:55 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 C19XR
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:37:51 -0400
From: Neil & Heather <neil.goodell@myfairpoint.net>
To: Natan Huffman <Natan1961@frontiernet.net>

Thank you Natan,

That was exactly what I was looking for....interesting that the.gif is
exactly the same as the picture in the back of my manual..except for the
"feed" details.(my drawing is rev.dwc19xr002, 1998)

So, the 12" x 3/4" grey pvc tube with the black and white wires
on one end ,and so-239 on other must be the Force12 "balun"..??
It would seem obvious, but with no pictures, It would still be a guess
on my part.
Other than a continuity test(tested ok),no other way to check this
balun, is there?
OK on the DX engineering balun...it is a Maxi-core current balun...
left over from another project..
part # BAL050-H10-AT  (if you need to look it up on DX's website.)
I agree, it looks like the issue would be getting a short enough wire
length,
and possible interaction with the balun's metal case.
Again, thanks for info...big help....
73
Neil
AE1P