Re: [TowerTalk] Tower-climbing pictures

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower-climbing pictures
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 03:49:36 -0400

On 7/23/2010 2:53 PM, Rex Lint wrote:
> Let's say it WAS a vertical radiator.  What's the danger?
>
>        -Rex-
>
>         K1HI
>         Rex Lint
>         Merrimack, NH
>         WWW.QRZ.COM/db/k1hi

First time I ever heard of some one surviving a head on into a tower.
Even in a small trainer they are going to be doing better than 80 to 100
MPH.  That's an awfully quick stop in a very short distance...unless it
was an ultralight. Even then I have a series of an ultralight hanging
off the roof of a shed and the pilot did not survive.

73

Roger (K8RI)