Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 91, Issue 84 SURGE Protection Sprc

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 91, Issue 84 SURGE Protection Sprcial
From: Mike Fatchett <mike@mallardcove.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:10:10 -0600
I put a similar device on my meter here in Montana.  I was losing
electronics fairly regularly, mostly cheap cordless phones.  No problems
since and there is a guarantee with coverage limits.

I think I was charged a flat fee for the device of around $120.00.  Why
pay for a monthly fee.  That seems shady to me. Call your power company
and ask them what they recommend.  The power company will probably want
to install it since they get touchy about people messing with the meters.