Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp

To: Pete Michaelis - N8TR <pete.n8tr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 14:31:35 -0700
Pete sez:

Even when a rotor is mounted on a plate, the bolts can and
do fall out.

_______________

Yup, this happened to me.  I noticed my antenna leaning a few degrees off plumb
one day, and a closer inspection showed that three of the four bolts holding
the bottom of the rotator to the tower's top plate were gone, and the fourth
was almost completely unthreaded!  My tower is a tubular crank up; can't tilt
it over and can't climb it, so the repair was "interesting".  The rotator bolts
to a flat plate (and the bolt heads of the rotator bolts are inside the tower
when it is installed, so not real easy to get to).  But I prevailed, and
reinstalled the bolts using loctite.  So far so good.

I think a lot of the suggestions on here have been great so far.  Pick one (or
two) and get your station back on the air!

Chris
KF7P