Re: [TowerTalk] Rope Snubbers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rope Snubbers
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:05:16 -0700
A rolling hitch is a pretty handy knot for lifting masts or pulling on
cables or ropes.  see  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEV0p-QNPTU

BUT, I wouldn't use it when there is cyclic tension as it is likely to
shake out.  One can add a half hitch on the bitter end to minimize that
problem.

For a permanent installation, get a Kellum grip (Chinese finger torture
device in galvanized steel) sized for your bundle of cables.  They are
available from 0.25" to several inches in diameter.

Grant KZ1W