Re: [TowerTalk] Recommended Coaxial Surge Protector for HF

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recommended Coaxial Surge Protector for HF
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 18:20:44 -0500
On 12/31/10 05:51 pm, I wrote:

> I forget what other components were in the one coax protector I opened
> up, but there was no gas-discharge tube; there was an MOV, but I don't
> recall whether it was labeled to indicate its specs.

Now that I have looked again at ICE's document comparing their devices
with PolyPhaser's, and at the description of the Polyphaser devices on
the DX Engineering Web site, I see that both say that Polyphaser uses
gas-discharge devices -- so either I misremembered what I had seen or I
did not identify the component properly.

Alan NV8A