Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotator bolt spacing?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotator bolt spacing?
From: Roger <roger@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:18:02 -0500
On 1/18/2011 6:12 PM, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:
> Howdy, TowerTalkians --
>
>      Is the mounting bolt spacing for a  Yaesu G-1000 rotator 84mm? I think
> it is but don't have any paperwork for  it. Tnx.
IF you already have the rotator you can make a template for drilling the
holes if need be.

Using cardboard (like the back off a tablet) or even a plastic sheet
protector (this may take a little practice), turn the rotator upside
down and lay the plastic or *thin* cardboard over the base. Then take a
ballpeen hammer, using the ball, *LIGHTLY*  tap the sheet over the areas
where the bolt holes are located.  Done properly this will actually give
cutouts for each bolt hole. (Make sure all holes line up--at the same
time)  Center the template on the accessory shelf, mark the bolt holes
and drill.

This procedure works well for making gaskets using gasket material of
the proper thickness instead of the other materials.

73

Roger (K8RI)