Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna question

To: K2VI <k2vi@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna question
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:36:08 -0800
How many radials do you have now? What vertical antenna?

More radials improve the efficiency of the antenna by reducing losses,
especially when the feedpoint Z is very low as it likely is on 80m.
However, your SWR will go up as you improve the efficiency.  Right now
your inverted V is much more efficient than your vertical although the
radiated energy is going mostly straight up, favoring shorter skip
distances.

Put all the radials in and then try for some comparison reports on DX.

Grant  KZ1W