Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bay Area Structural Engineer Needed

To: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bay Area Structural Engineer Needed
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:58:23 -0700
Ah yes - fees to discourage pursuit of "rights".  The Santa Clara County
codes specifically permit solar panels ANYWHERE.  I applied for the
building permit for mine, way in my back yard. County Planning said,
"you need a special permit review" which will cost $6900 and if you want
to appeal our decision, the processing cost for an appeal is - guess -
$6800, win or lose.

So, my lawyer talked to County Counsel and resulting fee was zero for
the "planning review".  All that I paid was the building permit fee.

Lesson - read the codes relative to what you want to do.  Understand
that the prime directive of every bureaucracy is to garner more power
and more money.  Given the fed/state/local budget crisis, they WILL
stretch or flaunt the law to get MONEY.  Get a lawyer.

Grant KZ1W