Re: [TowerTalk] methods of using conduit in the ground for cables

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] methods of using conduit in the ground for cables
From: Edwin Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 19:42:42 -0500
I might suggest adding a marker underground when you close in the trench.

When I ran conduit water lines from the well, and electric lines between
the house and the barn and
hamshack the trench was 5 feet deep. First water pipe, then dirt, then
electric and adding
another foot of earth.

We then ran a red plastic marker "Buried Electric" the length of the
trenches (400 feet). The marker
has between 1 and 2 feet of earth on top. The hope is, sometime in the
future the electric or water isn't
severed, and a bad thing happening when an uninformed person digs a
trench uncovering the marker
first.

Available at electrical supply houses, similar to the yellow "Caution"
tape used at construction and
accident sites

Good luck, we're all counting on you ...

ed K0KL