Re: [TowerTalk] grabbing terrain data for HFTA

To: Charlie Carroll <k1xx@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] grabbing terrain data for HFTA
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 06:24:03 -0400
Charlie, this sounds like an excellent solution - potentially much less
involved than the old way of using MicroDem and the USGS website.  If
you can provide a few more details, I'll be glad to write it up, and I'd
bet that N6BV and the ARRL will be interested in making it available on
the ARRL web-site.  Dean and I wrote most of the old instructions you'll
find, but it always was a PITA because USGS kept changing their web-site.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,