Re: [TowerTalk] Tower spacing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower spacing
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:12:43 -0700
On 8/18/2011 3:24 AM, Larry wrote:
> My main concern at this point is possible radiation pattern distortion of the
> various antennas.

This is likely to occur only when the object of concern is carrying
current at the frequency of interest, in this case, 160M. That requires
that the object be close to resonance (quarter wave for a grounded
tower, including the loading of what's on top), but the shorter tower
you're concerned about is NOT close to resonance on 160M, so is not
likely to be an issue on 160M.  It MIGHT be an issue on 80M if you have
an 80M vertical nearby.

73, Jim K9YC