Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire connection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire connection
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 09:50:45 -0700
On 10/7/2011 4:07 AM, Robert Hlywka wrote:
> What are the good ways to connect the ground bus to the to structure?
> I have installed 10ft ground rods and have used #6AWG copper wire to
> interconnect.
>
> Should the coax ground be tied to this same ground?

ALL grounds MUST be bonded together by the shortest practical path,
using short, big conductors.  That includes the power system ground,
your antennas at the single point where they enter your shack, the
telephone arrestor, the cable TV entrance, a satellite dish, the
equipment in your shack, and ALL ground rods. If your tower is close to
the house, it should also be bonded to these grounds.

#6 copper is a good size.

73, Jim K9YC