Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and / or property

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and / or property
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 16:59:47 -0700
I am a real estate agent in Colorado and Montana.  In my practice there
are just not enough hams buying property compared to the overall public,
so there is very little value in trying to sell the home with a tower.
What I would do  would be to market the house to hams first and see if
you can find a buyer.  If not I would tear it down.  To a non ham the
tower will be a negative to the property and will cost you money.

In a contract you can write to include or exclude just about anything
from the sale of real estate.  If there are things attached to the house
that you want to keep I would recommend taking them down prior to
listing and replacing them with something else or providing $$$ at
closing for the replacement of those items.

As others have said before you will get more if it is laying on the
ground, if you can get someone to take it down reasonably, which might
be difficult.  I just sold a stick of 45g that was at my parents house
and I made a little but I probably would have been better off to hire a
crane and removed it and then sold it piece meal.  I found a local guy
that gave me a fair price and he took it down and hauled it off with
some other aluminum treasures that were lurking in the weeds HI!

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net