Re: [TowerTalk] Pattern Distortion caused by faulty balun?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pattern Distortion caused by faulty balun?
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:25:56 -0500
On 12/30/2011 12:28 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

> This doesn't matter much on TX, but it can on RX -- you may hear more
> noise or QRM that the Yagi rejects but your feedline picks up.  And
> THAT'S a big part of why a common mode choke with greater choking
> impedance is a good thing.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the informative reply. I have an M2 mono band Yagi and I'm
using the 1:1 balun that M2 supplied with the antenna. I'm told there
are better baluns available and was wondering if you could recommend one
that has greater isolation capabilities -- or at least one that's known
to work well.

Thanks,

Tony