Re: [TowerTalk] How to Level a Crank-up?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to Level a Crank-up?
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:17:18 -0500
On 1/2/2012 2:41 PM, Gene Fuller wrote:
> As most of us know, there's almost always at least a little breeze at 100
> feet , however Steve's problem with a crankup is only with 20 feet.
I thought the way he worded it he wanted to check the level extended.

For roughly 20 bucks you can purchase a Laser level accurate to 1/16" in
16 to 20 feet.  That's only a 1/4 inch at 80 feet.
The accuracy for low priced levels varies widely so if you go that
route, check the accuracy before taking it home.

73

Roger (K8RI)