Re: [TowerTalk] How accurate are iPhone Compass apps?

To: Kevin Normoyle <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How accurate are iPhone Compass apps?
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 13:18:18 -0500
On 1/4/2012 12:45 PM, Kevin Normoyle wrote:
> Your plane is moving, so differential measurements using GPS works.
>
> Human standing still, ain't.
My Garmin portable knows which way it's pointed when it's turned on
setting on the desk although it may take it  minute.
All of them I've used at most required a movement of no more than a
couple of feet.
With those you could lay a yardstick on the ground and just move the
portable along it. Adjust the yardstick until you get either N or S when
moving the GPS.

73

Roger (K8RI)