[TowerTalk] Flooding connectors with Dielectric grease?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Flooding connectors with Dielectric grease?
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 14:38:15 -0500
All,

There seems to be pros and cons when it comes to using dielectric grease
(STUF) on connectors. Flooding or sealing the connector at both ends
seems controversial since it might actually cause air and moisture to
migrate down the coax under vacuum as temperatures change.

I'm guilty of doing this with Buryflex cable for years, but I haven't
noticed any signs of corrosion on the coax braid or center conductor. In
fact, I installed lighting protection this past summer and the coax
looked new at the connector and several feet down the coax.

Could it be that water is still getting in, but Buryflex is simply more
corrosion resistant than others?

Tony, K2MO