Re: [TowerTalk] Copper strap bonding ideas?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper strap bonding ideas?
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:09:33 -0500
On 01/11/12 02:42 pm, Rik van Riel wrote:

>> lightning induced power surge don't warrant the use of strap. It also
>> sounds like augmenting the bonding from panel to ufer is not time well
>> spent.
>>
>> Is the above correct?
>
> Indeed.  The way to protect your house, is to ensure that everything
> in your house is at the same potential.
>
> Normally this is easy, since stuff only comes into the house in one
> spot, and every ground is bonded together at that spot.

That's the theory, and maybe it's *current* standard practice, but our
telephone cable comes in at the opposite end of the house from the
power, and the cable TV cable comes in at the back of the house.

I now have #6 solid copper running around the outside of the house
connecting them all together.

73

Alan NV8A