[TowerTalk] Swinging Gate Side Mount - Additional Turning Radius?

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Swinging Gate Side Mount - Additional Turning Radius?
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@att.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:12:02 -0600
I'm very close to finishing up my 80' tower.  I'm going to install a
swinging gate side mount at the 40' level.  I'm looking at the IIX unit.

Does anyone have enough experience with one (or another brand side
mount) to tell me how much the turning radius of the antenna is
increased.  After looking at the IIX website I'm guessing it increases
by about 3 feet.

I've spaced my guy anchors out further, by about 20', than the rohn
spec's to be sure I have enough room to swing the lower antenna below
the upper guys.  Right now I plan on guying at 40 and 70 feet.  If
needed I can go 40 and 80 feet to ensure I have the clearance needed.  I
would prefer 40 and 70 so I don't have to get another section of tower.

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC