Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Tubing Grease

To: James Lanier <lanier.je@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Tubing Grease
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 09:19:53 -0800
If you use Never-Seez make sure it is the nickel particle type, not
copper.  The copper will react with the aluminum.  There are also other
brands with aluminum particles.

NoAlox works well also, it has zinc in it which is specifically for
electrical connections.  It was really hard to get the last 30% of the
Noalox out of the 4oz Home Depot squeeze bottles.  We used 5 bottles for
two 40m Moxon beams.

All are messy.  I wear a nitrile glove to spread it evenly by hand on
the joint.

Grant KZ1W