Re: [TowerTalk] Hi-Z Antenna Stuff

To: Mike & Becca Krzystyniak <k9mk@flash.net>, "[TowerTalk]" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hi-Z Antenna Stuff
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 14:20:27 -0500
 > Not being a lawyer I wonder what the "reexam" means?

Reexam means the patent is being reviewed again to see if it was valid
- specifically if the material covered was truly "novel."   Whether the
device/process in question was covered by other patents, was previously
documented (publicly) by others or was "obvious to one trained in the
field" (i.e., not "new" or unique).

Reexamination is one way for a defendant in an infringement suite to
to defend themselves - by invalidating the patent thus eliminating
the possibility of infringement.

In this case, I would expect a high probability of a reexamination
finding the Rausch patent invalid.  I have a file full of articles
containing similar techniques for phasing arrays of receive antennas
and I know W8JI has seen much of it.  In addition, there are several
Antenna Forum presentations from Dayton and on-line articles showing
similar phasing systems using loops, active antennas, and K9AY
elements.  None of it can hardly be called novel or innovative.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV