Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Unwanted crap msgs

To: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Unwanted crap msgs
From: Frank <frankkamp@att.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 17:14:12 -0600
K8RI wrote:

>And many of us use SMTP servers. I use charter to access the net for
>speed and capacity, but I use a different company for my web server and
>e-mail.  I use different addresses for reflectors, subscriptions, and
>memberships. That lets me keep track of who gets what address.  OTOH
>when your address goes to a reflector any one who knows how (and has the
>capability) can easily use the same address. On the reflectors it's just
>a PITA but it's what they might do with those addresses elsewhere that
>bothers me more.
>
>73
>
>Roger (K8RI)

While it is interesting to speculate on how spam gets delivered,  I find
it even more interesting that there are so many folk who think that
pissing people off is going to gain them business.  I mean how brainy do
you have to be to realize that prospective customers are going to
question the goods and services offered by folk using devious advertizing?